I put together 10 fun facts about my life. You should really read this. It will make you a better person… (In reality, it’s probably a waste of time, but you may get a chuckle or two when watching the videos linked to #5)
1. I am Canadian. Yup. I was born and raised just outside of Toronto. (YES, that means I’m cultured. And NO that doesn’t mean that I say “eh”… At least not most of the time.)
2. I met my husband through some friends-of-friends. He actually showed up to my house during a Napoleon Dynamite party that I put together, and I had no idea who he was. I just knew that he was wearing a cut-off shirt and his muscles were bulging. (Turned out that he was also a Christ Follower and he had a pretty awesome personality!)
3. I have TONS of hobbies: photography (Yes, it’s my hobby as well as my job!), sewing, singing, running, kickboxing, lifting weights, playing the piano, painting, drawing, decorating, scrap booking and shopping – if you can call that a hobby… Just to name a few!
4. I like to research and watch shows about Sharks for fun. My dad and I used to borrow shark books from the Library and read them together when I was growing up. Now, since I live a few hours away from my parents, I borrow books from the library by myself. Not nearly as fun, but one day I’ll have my own children to go to the library with!
5. I have a pretty weird sense of humor. I like to entertain my family and close friends by doing impressions… A few of my favorite people to imitate are [EVAN BAXTER] from Bruce Almighty and [KELSO] from That 70′s Show. And of course, [MR BEAN]. He’s bomb.
6. My absolute-without-a-doubt favorite show is Americas Funniest Home Videos. I am a laugh-out-loud person, and I don’t hold back when I’m watching AFV!
7. I am a self-proclaimed [HIPSTER], which basically means that I listen to weird music, enjoy unique and strange art, and tend to clothe myself in ways that most people don’t.
8. These numbers aren’t a reflection of my priorities, because if they were this would be number 1. (I just didn’t feel like re-typing all the numbers!) I am a [CHRIST FOLLOWER]. I don’t like to call myself a Christian or tell people that I’m religious. In my eyes, those two definitions represent very different ideas of what having a Christ-centered life looks like.
9. I am completely inspired by eclectic, alternative and artistic things. My latest discovery is [ALEX CLARE], a musician from Britain. His style is so completely me: a quirky mix of random styles including rock and roll, simple yet poetic lyrics and even a bit of dubstep! You might recognize his #1 hit [TOO CLOSE].
10. I am, in a word, UNCONVENTIONAL. I’ve also been referred to as eccentric, individualistic and just plain weird. Hey! There’s no shame in being weird!
PS There are probably way too many smiley faces in this post.